We are proud to have earned several certifications under the LEED®(Leadership in Environmental Design) program, an initiative of the USGBC (U.S. Green Building Council) to recognize leadership in environmental design for commercial construction and renovation.
LEED Certified Facilities
Kimball International proudly displays the LEED plaque in its certified facilities.
Buildings achieving LEED certification benefit from reductions in energy, water, and material use, leading to a reduced environmental impact as occupants enjoy healthier, more comfortable, "green" workspaces.
While our branded furniture products can help customers achieve LEED certification for their own buildings, the numerous certifications we have received for our own facilities is testament to Kimball International's belief in sustainable building practices.
Kimball International achieved the first LEED-CI (Commercial Interiors) certification in the state of Indiana. Since that time, Kimball's Facilities & Property Management team has embraced the precepts of LEED as they work to renovate or construct new Kimball facilities.
- Corporate Showroom -- Jasper, Indiana, -- LEED-CI (Gold)
- Research & Development Product Team Rooms -- Jasper, Indiana - (Certified)
- Kimball Office Headquarters -- Jasper, Indiana - LEED-CI (Silver)
- Chicago showroom -- (Silver)
- New York Showroom - (Certified)
- Atlanta Showroom -- (Silver)
- Orange County, CA Showroom -- (Certified)
- San Francisco Showroom - (Gold)
GREEN GOOD DESIGN
Kimball International received the 2009 "GREEN GOOD DESIGN" award for architecture, awarded by The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and design, together with The European Centre for Architecture art Design and Urban Studies. Kimball's corporate showroom in Indiana was noted for sustainable, environmentally responsible design.