| Awards and recognition are nice, but Kimball brands and operations are guided by a desire to do the right thing and a commitment to best practices, but we are proud to receive the following honors and achievements.
- Kimball Hospitality joins the Hospitality Sustainable Purchasing Consortium (HSPC) as a Founding Member, to further the Consortium’s goals of establishing the Hospitality Sustainable Purchasing Index (HSPI) as the de facto performance measurement solution for the industry. The Index will include measures of corporate social responsibility, environmental and product sustainability.
- Kimball Office headquarters and manufacturing facilities awarded Green Good Design, design’s highest sustainability honor.
- Kimball Office | interstuhl Hero seating recipient of the Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) Ergonomics Excellence Award.
- Kimball Electronics earns Johnson Controls Inc.'s Leadership Award for Sustainability.
- National’s certified product offering grows again, more level® 3 and Indoor Advantage™ Gold options.
- Indiana Municipal Power Agency Rewards Kimball International Flight Hangar; Facility Recognized for Energy Efficient Lighting.
- Kimball Office Seating product lines earn SCS Indoor Advantage Gold Certification.
- NOF-Fordsville recognized for new environmentally-friendly and efficiency-enhancing UV Finish line by Kentucky Governor Beshear during State of the Commonwealth address.
- National Office Furniture seating earns Gold for Indoor Air Quality, Two More Desk Series now level® 2.
- Kimball Electronics-China (Nanjing) was named a “Green Rating Company” for environmental protection and energy saving management by the Jiangning (China) Environmental Bureau.
- The Kentucky Department for Environmental Protection honored our National Office Furniture-Fordsville manufacturing facility with its Resource Caretaker Award, based on efforts to conserve Kentucky’s resources.
- Kimball Office-Jasper honored for achievements in pollution prevention during the 2010 Indiana Governor’s Awards for Environmental Excellence program.
- State of Idaho names Kimball Office-Post Falls "Pollution Prevention Champion."
- Kimball Office-Salem and Kimball Office-Jasper earn membership in Indiana's Environmental Stewardship Program.
- Kimball Office’s Hero and Fit seating lines awarded GOOD DESIGN Awards from the Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design and The European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies.
- A number of Kimball’s Indiana business units were recertified to IDEM’s Partners for Pollution Prevention program.
- Kimball Electronics-Mexico achieved ISO 14001 Registration.
- National Office Furniture-Santa Claus receives Indiana Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence.
- Kimball Office San Francisco Showroom Recognized in Top Ten Leed Projects by Interiors & Sources Magazine.
- Kimball Office Achieves LEED-CI Gold for San Francisco Showroom.
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) welcomes National Office Furniture’s manufacturing facilities in Jasper and Santa Claus, Indiana, as new members of IDEM’s Environmental Stewardship Program (ESP).
- Kimball Office earns level certification for its entire product portfolio – one of the first in the industry to have its product certified to new furniture sustainability standard.
- Kimball Office achieves LEED-CI “Silver” Certification for Atlanta Showroom.
- National Office Furniture’s Orange County, California, showroom earns “Silver” certification under the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) standard for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI).
- Kimball International receives 2009 "GREEN GOOD DESIGN" Award for architecture; Indiana showroom noted for sustainable, environmentally responsible design.
- National Office Furniture has been accepted into the Indiana Department of Environmental Management’s (IDEM) Environmental Stewardship Program (ESP) for demonstrating long-term compliance with environmental laws and voluntarily agreeing to implement continuous improvements in sustainability.
- Kimball Office earned LEED-CI “Silver” certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for its recently completed corporate headquarters.
- Kimball International’s truck fleet certified by the (EPA) Environmental Protection Agency as a “SmartWay” Partner, for its high level of success reducing vehicle fuel usage and emissions.
- National Office Furniture received FSC Chain-of Custody certification as assurance that wood based materials in National products come from forests that meet stringent environmental, social and economic standards.
- Interior Design magazine distinguished two new products from Kimball Office – Hum. Minds At Work. and Pura – with Green Star awards for environmental excellence.
- Kimball Office and National Office Furniture earned LEED-CI certification for New York Showroom.
- External auditors officially confirmed that the Environmental Management Systems ( EMS) for Kimball Office (KO) and National Office Furniture (NOF) units conform with ISO 14001:2004.
- Kimball Hospitality received Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Chain of Custody (COC) Certification.